We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey "dpladyreed"....

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hey "dpladyreed"....

Price range.....prob no more that $100 or so.....and thats all we're there for is for the one night concert.....I suppose you could gimme the highs$$$$ and mi-range$$$

.....are there any decent bars to maybe go to after the concert in the area?

...anything walking distance-wise?

thanx for your help.

Ron and Faith

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey "dpladyreed"....

If I were you, I'd stay at the Hampton Inn downtown. It's a beautiful new hotel that consistently receives great reviews. It is a very short drive to the coliseum parking garages. You could ask someone at the hotel desk for quick directions. Once you were at the Hampton, you could leave your car parked and walk around downtown to bars and restaurants. The Hilton downtown would also be a good location for you, but I'm not sure how their rooms rack up or if it would be in your price range. The Cumberland House Hotel/ Four Points Sheraton is new, but it sits west of Henley St. by a few blocks.

There is a Marriott directly across from the coliseum, but then you'd probably want to drive to everything else you did other than the concert. I'd say it'd be a whole lot easier for you to drive to the coliseum from somewhere else and park in the garage, versus staying at the Marriott and driving everywhere else and dealing with one-way streets and finding parking.

If all of these have exorbitant rates, your next closest group of hotels would be a few minutes north of downtown, off the I-75 Merchants Drive exit 108 (Clarion, Days Inn, Red Roof Inn, Hampton, Sleep Inn, EconoLodge).

As far as stuff to do... a new movie theater just opened on Gay St., the Mast General store on Gay St is definitely worth checking out (great place to get Christmas gifts for difficult-to-buy-for people!), Market Square has some shops and a Sat. morn farmers market. Bars downtown within walking distance... Sapphire and the Downtown Grill and Brewery (both on Gay St) cater to the trendy professional set... there's also a new middle-eastern themed place on Gay St with the hookah pipes and all, but I forget the name, haven't been there yet. Preservation Pub on Market Square is a local fave with live music. Macleod's on Market Square is where I get my bad karaoke fix. If you want more of a wild party, look on the UT strip/Cumberland Ave for the college bars, and the Old City has a few bars also, although they close and reopen so often that I can't keep up with what's there.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey "dpladyreed"....

...many thanx, you've been a great help...!!!

Ron and Faith

3. Re: Hey "dpladyreed"....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 09, 2009