We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in november

Which Knoxville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
simi valley, ca
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
weather in november

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip with our two and one year old children. I want to be sure to pack appropriatly as well as plan our outings. What is the weather like in November? We are from California so please describe well. What is the average teday and night temp? any rain? any storm conditions we should be aware of? and will we still a wonderful view of the great smokies. will there still be colorful leaves on the trees? Thanks for your help!

sevier county
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in november

November weather will vary ALOT! It should still be fairly comfortable the first 2 weeks. You will definitely need sleeves, preferable a lit jacket or sweater during the day and most likely something heavier during the evening. The fall colors will probably be gone by the first weekend. It is almost impossible to tell you what the weather will be like. We have had 70 degrees on Thanksgiving day one year and snow flurries on another.....so you will need to wait until closer to travel time to get a better picture of what to expect.

If you want to see fall colors......visit around the third week of October, but remember that October will be extremely busy. It is the busiest month of the year, traffic is a mess and prices are high.

simi valley, ca
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in november

Thanx hillbillyblonde! I will definetly check back closer to travel time. Totally dissapointed that i wont be seeing the great fall colors. Maybe mother nature will leave a little behind for us this year.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in november

We're in an extreme drought. The colors may not be that great, this year.

4. Re: weather in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 03, 2009