We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Some of my friends and I are coming up to Knoxville near the end of July and we don't wanna just sit in our hotel room the entire weekend. Does anyone know of anything that would appeal to two young couples.......we like to go out dancing, eating, and etc.Oh and we're staying at the Extended Stay-West Hills is it a nice place!?!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I'm not young, so I can't be a huge help. I will tell you that Market Square and Old City in downtown Knoxville attracts its share of young people.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Yep, Market Square and the Old City are two of the "hot spots." Also, Cumberland Avenue is a fun place that is usually packed with college students during the school year. I really don't know anything about the Extended Stay West Hills, so sorry about that.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I live in West Hills and have never heard of this "Extended Stay". There are lots of hotels on the Cedar Bluff exit which is just a couple of interstate miles from West Hills.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

If you want to stay in the West Hills area, I know a lot of people hang out at Kingston Alley. Its not my speed, but a lot of people seem to like it. There is also Roosters that is close to that area: http://www.roosters-bar.com/.

I like market square and the old city. Check out www.metropulse.com and go to the calendar to find out what is going on while you are here. The Sundown in the City and Saturday night on the town series will still be going on, and they are all centered around Market Square and the downtown area.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

OK, I know how corny this will sound to some people, but I actually love Cotton Eyed Joe's off Lovell Rd in west Knoxville. It's themed for country dance but they actually play a bit of everything, and the crowd is all ages. I always had a blast going with my girlfriends when I was in college (I'm 28 now). I'd still be going if my husband didn't have two left feet! Definitely check out metropulse.com for other club calendars and info.

If you're still in town on Sunday night and are looking for a laid-back and pleasant evening out... check out Robinella at Barley's in the Old City. Starts at 8, get there early for a good seat. She's lite bluegrass/folksy, extremely talented, always draws a strong crowd. Barley's has great pizza and beer, pool tables upstairs too.

If you like mini-golf, there's a decent course in Farragut off of Kingston Pike not far from Campbell Station Rd. The name escapes me at the moment... Putt Putt Golf n Games, maybe?? Someone at your hotel should be able to tell you how to get there if you're interested.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Extended Stay America is on Winston Road across from BellSouth. I don't know anyone that's stayed there, but it looks fine. It's a small hotel, on the corner of Ray Mears, and a couple of blocks from the mall.

North Bend, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Make sure you go to "The South's finest Chocolate" located on World's Fair Park Drive. Try the "New Orlean's" dark fudge. It is awesome! Have a wonderful stay.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Love Calhoun's for the best strawberry shortcake in the world! Great meals, too:)

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Definitely go to the Old City.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting in Knoxville -PLEASE HELP ME!!!

The extended stay at Cedar Bluff is a real dump. I would stay at another Hotel. There are lots to choose from. If you want to party the market square is really a great place.

The mountains are great. Hiking, rafting are good.You sure don't need to stay in your hotel there is so much outdoor activites.

Just think about the hotel.

The hotels at the Strawberry Plains pike exit are all new and the traffic is not as bad. It is close to downtown and Gatlinburg.

Have fun.