We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Life in Johnson City

Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Life in Johnson City

Would love to hear about winter weather and overall life in Johnson City.

Am considering relocating but worry about the winter cold and number of cloudy days teh weather stats indicate.

tennessee
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Life in Johnson City

I live right outside of Johnson City....we just had our first snowfall about 2 weeks ago...doesn't snow like it used too...johnson city is a fast growing city...very compact...i can go to bristol tenn and kingsport to shop but i prefer johnson city....everything is so close together...good places to eat...very clean...i think yu will like it....

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Life in Johnson City

Just wondering if you have relocated. I'm another one of those Floridians planning to move to the Triple Cities area -- have visited JC twice in recent weeks and like that area the best of eastern Tenn.

tennessee
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Life in Johnson City

sorry i have lived him my whole life.....i cld not imagine living anywhere else.....i love the mountains...a guy who had reclocated here from washington d.c. tld me that east tennessee was the best kept secret around....

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Life in Johnson City

We're originally from Florida. We've lived in Knoxville for a year. Having a tough time. Cost of living is not great and the pay is terrible. We may look into Johnson City, also. It looks like the housing prices are still reasonable.

My husband is an auto mechanic. The pay here is awful!

We may move out of the area all together.

5. Re: Life in Johnson City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:52 pm, September 23, 2006
Get answers to your questions about Johnson City
More Johnson City Topics