We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Bad Experience in Crossville

Which Crossville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
1 post
Save Topic
A Bad Experience in Crossville

Everything was great in Crossville, we were visiting the area for a week, we met very friendly people except for one person. My husband and I brought our dogs, ahead of time reserved a space for them at Pawfect Paws by phone. I found this listing on the internet, so didn't have a reference for the place. Dropped them off on Friday, met the owner briefly. We picked them up Monday for a day trip out in the mountains, we found ticks, so we went to a vet in the area and purchased Advantix (I have the receipt) and applied it to the dogs. We also told the employee at Pawfect Paws what we had done. The employee mentioned to us that our dog had "gotten out" of his pen, I was concerned, I wanted to know how he got out, she said "the latch broke". Several days later I receive a call on my cell that the owner wants us to remove our dogs "immediately" that my dog is "destroying her property": I called her back and played phone tag for a while. She was very hostile on the phone, stating she has been trying to reach us. My phone was on the whole time, I rec'd one call from her, and called her back right away. The "damaged property " were three locks/latches she claims my dog broke. She never let us see the "damaged property", she charged us $75 for the locks, and $50 for tick bath (which wasn't necessary or requested by us, we gave the dogs Advantix) Also on that last day when we went to collect the dogs, she gave us a copy of her policies, which was not given to us prior to. It was bad, we were willing to pay for any damages, but she was so hateful towards us. My husband is really humble, he never speaks unkindly to anyone, and here this lady was yelling at him. She also said other things to us that made no sense, so I was thinking she was having a melt down of some kind. I know stress whether emotional or financial can make people say things they wouldn't normally say. I feel forgiveness towards her. She was really under some kind of strain that caused an almost psychotic event. It was the only blemish on our stay at Crossville, it made for a sad ride home, but upon reflection, it showed that evil exists, and despite that, my husband and I are able to forgive her. Hope this helps someone out there.

Indianapolis
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Bad Experience in Crossville

You are very kind in forgiving this person. However, this attitude abounds. I'm glad you were able to care for your dogs, and did not blame them unnecessiarly. I know several people in that area, and there is an attitude of anal retentiveness about animals, including companion animals. You seem to be kind. Take care, and try to overlook hillbillies.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A Bad Experience in Crossville

And let's try to overlook people who use the term "hillbillies". (sigh)

3. Re: A Bad Experience in Crossville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 11, 2009