We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

Which Cookeville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

We (two couples) are planning a trip in october that will start at Falls State Resort Park (Oct. 7-8-9). We think we'd like to check out the Apalachian Center for Crafts in Smithville, and possibly stay at the Garden Inn B&B in Monterey Oct.10-11, driving then to Nashville until Oct. 15 (staying at the Embassy Suites at the Airport).

Does this sound feasible? Worth seeing and doing? We will welcome any suggestions on where to eat, other places to stay? things to see, such as Cumberland Theater? and what all to see/do in Nashville.

Thank you so much. Karen Sandlin

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
343 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

Falls State Park is a nice visit, but when I read you were planning on staying in Monterey I was worried. I am not familiar at all with the B&B, but it sure has great reviews, and it is in a gorgeous area. Monterey isn't much of a town at all, though Cookeville is a nice small town with lots of good restaurants. It is only about 20 minutes west of Monterey.

The Cumberland Playhouse is always fun.

The Appalacian Arts Center is nice for a short visit.

If I get a chance in the next week, I will try to drive by the B&B to check it out, but no guarantee I will make it.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

In Crossville, the Cumberland County Playhouse puts on excellent productions, and Cumberland County State Park has a fairly good restaurant. There is a winery in Crossville also, located at the next interstate exit traveling east after the US 127 exit.

You can probably see the App. Ctr for Crafts in an hour or less unless there's a special event.

In Cookeville, there's a good locally owned restaurant in the downtown area (Crawdaddy's); service is sometimes VERY slow but the food is usually good. Nearby is an old depot museum and also a history museum.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

The previous post should read "Cumberland MOUNTAIN State Park"--not "Cumberland County."

Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

thank you.

If you have any more suggestions or info, we'd appreciate it. We will be at the Resort Park Oct. 7-9 and at Garden Inn in Monterey, TN Oct. 10-11. We'll be at the Nashville Embassy Suites at the airport from Oct. 12-16.

We'd really like any suggestions or where to eat, what to do, etc.

Karen Sandlin

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

If you go through Lebanon en route to Nashville at a mealtime, there's a great home cooking restaurant--the Sun + something (Sunset, I think) at the main exit. It is always crowded with locals--very popular--closed one day a week but I can't remember which. You exit I-40 and head toward town (north); the Sun? is on the left about 1/2 mile from the interstate. Just across the street but set back from the road is Demos. Demos is more upscale and pricier and has a full bar (no alcohol at the Sun?). Both are good, but you can't beat the Sun? for lots of choices of good home cooking.

In Nashville you might enjoy the lovely Radnor Lake, which is a very quiet and peaceful park with several walking trails. You'll probably get better restaurant recommendations--at least more--by posting on the Nashville forum--more recommendations for activities also.

6. Re: Cookeville, Monterey, Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, March 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cookeville
Recent Conversations
More Cookeville Topics