We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Chattanoogan

pa
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Chattanoogan

Hi I will be traveling to Chattanooga in November. I never see The chattanoogan mentioned as a great place to stay. Is the location not optimal, or is it just overpriced? Thanks so much!

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Chattanoogan

Personally, overpriced, but it is in fairly good location. I think I'd stay somewhere closer to the riverfront myself. The free shuttle does run by the Chattanoogan though.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Chattanoogan

Not really high price for a luxery hotel. The price is steep but it IS a luxery / business howtel. Upper scale.

If you dont wanna pay top quality for top quality I would definatly check somwhere else such as the reed house or simular.

Nashville
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Chattanoogan

My husband and I love The Chattanoogan! It is our hotel of choice when we come to Chattanooga. As previously mentioned, it is a luxury hotel so you can expect to pay a bit more for the upscale accomodations. I think the price is fair for what you get. They do run internet specials occasionally - the last time we stayed here we got a terrific rate of $119 per night. The rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated. The beds are super comfortable, and the service at the hotel is excellent. There is a great breakfast buffet - $11 which includes juice and coffee, well worth it! You will definitely skip lunch! Also a great seafood buffet on Friday nights. I also love that there is a full-service spa in the hotel. If you are looking for an upscale hotel and don't mind paying for one, you'll really like the Chattanoogan.

pa
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Chattanoogan

Is the hotel on the shuttle line? I am torn between the Compfort suites off I -24 for $79 a nite and 129 a nite at the Chattanooganan. Is the price diffence for the location worth it?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Chattanoogan

That Comfort Suites is not in the best area of town. The Chattanoogan is within two blocks of the free shuttle. Also, have you looked into other hotels that are downtown? And have you read the reviews of that Comfort Suites. I wouldn't stay there, based on the reviews.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Chattanoogan

ornurse

Trip Advisor has recently created a new feautre; a map that has all the hotels in the TA listings shown on it. This makes it eisier to see where the hotels are.

tripadvisor.com/LocalMaps-g54946-Chattanooga…

Since the Chattanoogan is only a few blocks away from the shuttle stop, it's not in a bad location. However, for the same price as the Chattanoogan you can stay in the Hilton Garden Inn, the Courtyard, or other hotels which are literally across the street from the aquarium.

Blue

pa
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Chattanoogan

Actually, they told me the Compfort Inn is now a Sleep Inn and the reviews on this board look ok.The other downtown hotels I checked are sold out for the weekend (Clarion, Marriot)

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Chattanoogan

If its only a 79 doller and 119 doller difference I would choose teh Chattanoogan. ALSO those other hotels ARE closer to the aquarium BUT the chattanoogan is much nicer for the same price. The shuttle stop is two block BUT the shuttle itself runs right to the hotel!!! Or at least used to!

From what you have said I would go with the Chattanoogan. Its not too far from anything and much nicer. IN FACT its about the nicest in town and cleanest from what I heard. My mother goes there just to eat somtimes.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Chattanoogan

These are the reviews for the Comfort Suites off of I-24:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54946-d105304-…

Is this where you are staying or is it somewhere else?

pa
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Chattanoogan

I'm convinced, I'm staying at the Chattanoogan.Thanks so much. I think I have all the Comfort Suites mixed up!