We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We leave tomorrow!!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
We leave tomorrow!!!

Well the time in finally here!!!

The girls are meeting up tomorrow at Hidden Hollow to explore this beautiful part of the country!!!

Thanks for all your help and we'll be sure to let you know how thing went!!!!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We leave tomorrow!!!

I hope you all have a simply wonderful time in my quaint little community. You should have lots of quiet anyway.

The leaves here are starting to see some color, especially the reds, but for the most part, we are still awaiting the color to arrive. The cold weather of the next couple of nights may help.

Be aware that Saturday morning's low temps are supposed to be in the 30's, so pack some clothes you can layer. It will warm up during the day as well, so layers will work best.

Don't forget the New Salem fall festival just up the road from Hidden Hollow on top of the mountain (only about five miles) if you're interested in shopping for arts and crafts. My fellow Lamar and his mom Mary Agnes will be there selling their novels (they've written three books so far and are about to have the fourth one published).

Have a wonderful time!!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We leave tomorrow!!!

Kat

We are looking into the Festival.

Can you give me more info on it?

I see where it is but don't see the hours.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We leave tomorrow!!!

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday for the New Salem festival. It will be pretty much an all day festival both days.

It might even start earlier, like 8:30 or so, Saturday morning, but don't quote me on that.

I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful time!!

4. Re: We leave tomorrow!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 27, 2009