We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Trip to Chattanooga

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Quick Trip to Chattanooga

My 15 year daughter and I will be in Chattanooga for a conference this weekend. We will be staying between the airport and Shallowford off of I-75. Can someone please recommend a good place to grab a quick breakfast and we will have a couple of hours to kill on Sunday afternoon-any suggestions? Thanks!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,605 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Trip to Chattanooga

If your breakfast is on Saturday, I suggest the Bluegrass Grill on Main Street, downtown.

You did not mention if you will have a car or need to remain on that side of town where you are staying.

I know Bonefish Grill has brunch items, Aretha Frankensteins , in North Chattanooga, offers great breakfast food. City Cafe in downtown has a good breakfast. Rembrandt's in Bluff View Arts District also offers brunch food.

I would come downtown and walk around the Tennessee Riverwalk area, across the Walnut Street Pedestrian Area and the North and Southside of the downtown riverfront. If the weather is inclement, I suggest visiting the Tennessee Aquarium.

www.chattanoogafun.com

Mentioned in this post
Bluegrass Grill
Bluegrass Grill
554 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Bonefish Grill
Bonefish Grill
178 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Aretha Frankensteins
Aretha Frankensteins
420 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Southside
Southside
Tennessee
Tennessee Aquarium
Tennessee Aquarium
5,917 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
East Tennessee
Level Contributor
699 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Trip to Chattanooga

City Cafe located at corner of Bonny Oaks Drive and Hwy 11 aka Lee Highway. This is close to where you state that you will be staying. It is located inside a hotel, I think it is a Days Inn or Best Western. Regardless, it is a good choice and one that we frequent as often as we can. We visit this one since it is not downtown and thus closer to where we are doing our business in Chattanooga. Cracker Barrel is also close and a very good regional chain based in Tennessee.

Mentioned in this post
Tennessee
Tennessee
United States
3. Re: Quick Trip to Chattanooga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 06, 2014