We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report just got back !!!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report just got back !!!

Well first to say we had a wonderful time and we are looking foward to going back up in the future now to the good stuff we first left out on Saturday morning took about and hour and half to get there smooth sailing then we first went to the Incline BIG MISTAKE I have not been on this thing in 15 years about and I now have a condition called vertigo people who get dizzy really easy well going up the mountain I had a panic attack and luckaly made it back down and had to sit for a few with some water ahhhhhhhhh feet on the ground ok then its off to Rock City it is kinda humid at this point so here we go the flowers are beautiful kinda crowded kids out of school so we reach the top of the see 7 states it is breath taking loved it but the only complaint I dont remember all of the stairs there there is a ton of them what does the disabled people do? just asking then we are off to Ruby Falls have to wait a bit go down loved the tour guide he was so fun and funny they called him the best Ruby Falls has it was really fun there they called it 60 degrees we didnt believe it the caves was still toasty only complaint on Ruby Falls is they rush you in like cattle we passed like 6 groups coming and going out that is where you spend your 2 hour trip is leaned up against the wall letting people go by we just wished it was alittle not so rushed and could enjoy it more so then we get thru with all of that we are tired hot hungry we checked several hotels around the area we thought we wanted didnt feel safe on the outside areas of Chattanooga so here we go to Cleveland we stayed at the Hampton Inn got a rate for 50 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby works for the Govt and we got a discount the room was just beautiful it has granite counter tops also very updated down feather pillows just co comfy so we got tidey up went to crackle barrel for Dinner it was wonderful so we go back to the hotel take a swim and enjoy the pool it is 10:00 and we are the only ones there so we get some alone time met some great people there though a older couple who was traveling from MI shared her homemade brownies yummmmmmmmmy so we met them for breakfast the next morning but beware the bathrooms are a bit tiny but doable so we get up the breakfast is so yummy worth the drive great area very safe not so crowded so we go to the aquarium we first got to Saltwater it was breathtaking very worth it then to the next freshwater the butterflies are fun made you feel like a kid again then enjoy all of the other fish loved the otters but we was kinda rushing thru since we didnt have alot of time we did enjoy the IMAX show about the ocean got a look around the area we would love to stay at the Marriott right there another weekend and really enjoy the nightlife and aquarium and the riverboat when we have abit more time but if you have ever been to the aquarium in Gatlinburg my best friend is right it does spoil you and is better but they did a heck of a job on the one in Chattanooga and is so close that you can enjoy it but in all had a great time and looking foward to going back

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

I'm not surprised about the crowdedness at Rock City. Being a real geological feature (unlike the cave at Ruby Falls which was blasted out) it's hard to avoid the stairways without a great deal of ramps. Not swurprised about your comments on Ruby Falls either... there are much better caves in the area, just less convienient. I'm glad you enjoyed the aquarium; it's my favorite attraction here. Glad you had a great trip!

BC

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Hey BC its just been years since I have been to see the sites and my husband has never been so I surprised him with a trip up there its just that I found out with my lower back I have a small birth defect and degenerative disk disease and it was very hard going up and down stairs for someone with some form of health problems but hey in the least we had a wonderful time

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Oh yeah, of course it would be annoying... just saying that there ought to have checked out Point Park... beter views than the Incline for $1. :)

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

The Best guide at ruby falls? Was his name dan? He is a cut up! A cool guy I have been camping with him and he IS funny! My Girlfriend Works at Ruby Falls so I know some of teh folks there!

Rock city is on of my favourite places around!!! I go 4 or 5 times a year!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Yes that was him he is a trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish I knew your girlfriend we would have said hi what does she do there?

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Her name is Jennifer, she would have either been in the coffee shop downstairs or the fun foods grille upstairs on teh deck!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Hey we are mabey going back for the Xmas lights do you know anything about that we will say hi to her then lol

8. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:27 am, July 25, 2006
Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Rock citys enchanted garden of lights, is awsome, very very cold up on the mountain cliffs in the winter BUT they serve hot chocolate and stuff and its very fun! I recommend it.

Ruby Falls - Deck The falls , This is the first year they ar edoing it. I do not know anything about it really but only that its never been tried before and I do know that their seasonal events are pretty good. During halloween tehy do Haunted Caverns and its basically the best haunted attraction in the area in my opinion. So we can only hope they put as much thought into it as tehy do teh haunted cavern!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report just got back !!!

Hey Rein sorry I am mabey not as educated as you are on paragraphs and punctuation yes we did have a great time I just wanted to get it all in so people that mabey hasn't visited like my husband could see what it is about and Vertigo is nothing to joke about may you never get it.

Chasm we are planning a trip with the inlaws at Christmas but they can keep the incline me and the mother-in-law can wait or drive up to the top to get hubby and father-in-law but I am sure that Rock City is going to be beautiful can't wait to see what they do to the falls.