We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
101 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

I am heading to Chattanooga with my wife next weekend and needed some help from the TA experts. I would like to stay downtown and wanted to know if anyone had any advice on these three hotels? I am trying to chose between the HIE, HGI, and the Staybridge. The HGI is the most expensive while the Staybridge is the cheapest. Obviously we would prefer to spend less money but is the HGI worth about $100 more for two nights. How do they compare by location, settings, and offerings? My wife and I like to be within walking distance of most of the action even though we know we will have to drive to Lookout mountain. Which one has the better breakfast offering? Free parking? Those are the questions I have and I thank you in advance for your vital and thorough advice.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

I can try to help you. Since I live here, I have not stayed in these hotels. So, the breakfast question would be on an individual basis and if that service comes comp. with each room. As far as location, hands down, the Hilton Garden Inn. Right in the middle of where you want to be. I do know they serve a cooked to order breakfast. Do not know if the $$ is inclusive. It did offer comp. parking, but should be verified.

Most Holiday Inn Express, offer a "carb" breakfast. This hotel is about a 7-8 minute walk from the middle of where you want to be, but still doable.

Staybridge Suites and about a 8-10 minute walk, but is on the Comp. downtown Chattanooga Shuttle. You can get on it a short walk from the hotel, as you can from additional stops in the downtown area. It will take you around town and to the Northshore.

Both hotels have parking. BUT, I suggest you call the toll free numbers and see what is inclusive in their rates. Ask about any promotions, but downtown is busy!

There is also a Marriott Courtyard, Residence Inn and Doubletree. The Sheraton Read House has promotional offers when you catch them. About a 5 minute walk.

www.chattanoogafun.com

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
101 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

Thank you for your help queeni. Since we're busybodies and like to be in the middle of the action, should we pay the extra $100 for HGI? Is the hotel really worth it?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

If location is key, yes! I would consider Staybridge 2nd because of shuttle, if needed.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

There is also Spring Hill Suites by Marriott . 7 minute walk on the river,

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
101 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

Thank you for your help, one last question. Is HIE or Staybridge closer to the center of the action? HGI is a bit cost-prohibitive considering parking and breakfast are extra. I really appreciate the info.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

Downtown Electric Shuttle - CARTA

... Electric Shuttle is the easiest way to get around Downtown Chattanooga. ... Electric buses run daily* about every 5 minutes from the Chattanooga Choo Choo ..

www.carta-bus.org/routes/elec_shuttle.asp

Because you can use the Carta Shuttle. I would stay at the Staybridge Suites

As in any city, if you are out and about after dark, be aware of your surroundings.

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
101 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

Thank you kindly queeni. Your help has been prompt and valuable.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

Happy to help!

Enjoy. Chattanooga is great!!

9. Re: Downtown help: Staybridge, HIE, or Hilton Garden Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 31, 2014