We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock City Daytime or Enchanted Gardens of Lights ??

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Rock City Daytime or Enchanted Gardens of Lights ??

Hey, Dad and D21 will be in Chattanooga unfortuntely just for the 1 night we're driving in from Nashville and hope to arrive in the city between 12-1pm if not earlier. This day Thurs 20th Dec being our only days to see the sights of Chattanooga, and the next day is off to the Smoky Mountains in the morning.

Plans currently are: Arrive 12-1pm. Staying at Read House, take the shuttle to Coolridge Park, then unsure of the order. I know you'll probably stay no don't waste your time but I do want to go to Hamilton Place Mall which is open til 9pm, as it's got all my favourite stores.

Then there's Rock City, what should we buy admission for the Daytime or as it's Xmas, go see the lights? The Choo Choo Chorus - Barbershop, will also be performing in the pavilion too, from 6-9pm.

If suppose if we do the lights, we'll do the mall before, or daytime mall after.

What do you think? thanks :D

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock City Daytime or Enchanted Gardens of Lights ??

Go to Rock City for the lights at night. I would suggest you buy your tickets on-line and print them at home. The ticket line can be really long at the gate but you can walk right around everyone and go straight in with the advance purchase ticket.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock City Daytime or Enchanted Gardens of Lights ??

You could visit Rock City at dusk. As it get dark, you could see a little of what both has to offer. I do agree, purchase tickets ahead of time.

IF time allows, could you go to Hamilton Place Mall on your way to the mountains. When you leave the city, headed out, you will drive within 3 city blocks of it on # 75. That would give you so much more time the day before.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock City Daytime or Enchanted Gardens of Lights ??

Looks like that settles in then, Rock City for the evening, it is! Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze the mall inbetween, after Coolridge Park. I know we already don't have enough time, but are there are cool quaint things I'm missing?

Unfortutely queeni, we don't have enough time on the morning we leave, we need to get to Gatlinburg, as I want to be in Dollywood for opening at 2pm. An extra night in Chattanooga would have done us well...never mind, an excuse to come back!

4. Re: Rock City Daytime or Enchanted Gardens of Lights ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 09, 2013