We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the Aquarium Doing

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How's the Aquarium Doing

How is business at the Tennessee Aquarium and Ocean Journey? Has there been a marked difference in the visitors in the time that the GA Aquarium opened or not?

Mentioned in this post
Tennessee Aquarium
Tennessee Aquarium
5,953 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

The Tennessee Aquarium isn't finished either. Only about half of Ocean Journey is in use; there is room for about six galleries in it- one is alredy in use, Boneless Beauties. The aquarium is planning on permanently moving the Seahorses over to Ocean Journey because it's been so succesful, also.

Mentioned in this post
Tennessee Aquarium
Tennessee Aquarium
5,953 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

Here's an article I found just on this subject:

freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1527759/posts

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

I just read the article. It seems to support what we are saying about Atlanta. In my opinion, Atlanta is not a tourist friendly destination. The things to do are widely spread out and hard to get to on our nightmare interstates. Chattanooga has everything in a compact area between downtown, Lookout Mountain and the different battefields. I'm from Georgia but I would recommend Chattanooga for a weekend.

Bluecuzco

Thanks for expressing your opinion about that matter in the OTC forum on TAGuy's thread.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

By nightmare interstates I mean the horrible traffic not the roads themselves.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

It's great to hear about the aquarium!

Atlanta's highways are deplorable. We were disabled and no one would help, including the cops. What a terrifying place! I'm use to NY and Boston, but Atlanta beats all!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

What do you mean disabled, if I may ask?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

Reinarbia:

What you you mean by "that matter"?

I think Atlanta is a good worth a day, or more likely just a stop-by-and-see some-attractions-while-driving-through. Chattanooga is worth at least weekend or a whole week. It's also a beautiful city, unlike Atlanta in most places. Like the Chattanooga Mayor Ron Littlefield said, "Let Bernie Marcus build Atlanta a river."

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

Did he really? What a great line!

Our trailer broke on I-75. It was about 11 p.m. on a Sunday night. You would think that there would be no traffic, but you would think wrong...

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

Bluecuzco

The matter of the poster with no credibility and post count.

Knapster

There are rescue units that are sent out specifically for breakdowns. I'm not sure but I think if you call 911 they are sent out. That had to be a scary experience. We hit a pothole and had a flat tire one time in Indianapolis on a snowy and foggy night on the interstate. I was terrified while my husband changed the tire right on the side of the road while semi trucks went whizzing by.

Mentioned in this post
Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How's the Aquarium Doing

The two aquariums are actually quite different. I haven't been to Chattanooga in 2 years but I've seen that aquarium about 5 times. I always enjoyed what we saw and always loved the area with lots of other things to do when visiting Chattanooga as well.

The new aquarium in Atlanta really is incredible. Very different than Chattanooga but I can't say it was THAT MUCH better. The belugas are incredible to watch. The penquins were fun as well. Seeing those shrimp swimming around made me not want to eat shrimp for a while and those jelly fish were absolutely beautiful. The crowds made it difficult though. I probably won't be back for another year till the crowds die down. I know lots of people who bought annual passes to the Ga. aquarium and said that the crowds are making it difficult to go. So many people said they won't be renewing their annual passes because of the crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia