We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

to see inger, rebel and bob at wrcd home of the bob brandy show was always a treat. The road wound tightly around the mountain making the ride home as exhilarating as the fun had onthe show. gotta love those golden flake memories.

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

bbqman....

Nope...not Ira but I recall the name from Chattanooga TV. It's fun to remember this old stuff.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,730 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

Ira Trivers, if memory serves me correctly, was a guy who owned a men's clothing store in downtown and possibly had other locations as well.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

that was ira alright. we didn't trade often with him though as most of our duds came from the brainerd mens and boys shop as i recall. not that any of yall are likely to know but is the playlate club still a thriving establishemnt?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,730 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

Lord, the Playlate Club went by the wayside years ago. Chattanooga got too many "religious" folks in city commission jobs, and they passed ordinances that banned all strip clubs in the city. I don't think there are any places even close to such here any more, at least that I know of.

Here's another "murder mystery" as the guy that owned the Playlate Club was found dead in his home years ago.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

could that hve been the same guy who did the deed on mort lloyd. that swift airplane didn't crash by itself you know.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

or did dr. shock do in dingbat? that was wtvc channel 9 was it not?

Level Contributor
3,053 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
17. Re: Traveling up atop Signal Mountain

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject matter, so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-Topic forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-topic Chatter is a forum for discussions gone afield from the topic of travel. Although non-travel-related topics are allowed, posts in the Off-topic forum must otherwise meet TripAdvisor's Forum guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…