We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Chattanooga with kids (give or take). What to do?

Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Chattanooga with kids (give or take). What to do?

My wife and our two boys (9 & 12) are going to be in Atlanta this weekend and wanted to take a short trip somewhere else after my work is done. It was between Asheville, NC and Chattanooga to try to take in some mountainous sights. We decided that it looked like there was more to see and do in Chattanooga and were especially interested in the caves.

Now that we've decided to visit this area, I am wondering what is a "must see" for us. FYI, I am a photographer and we all really want to see some great mountains (which is why Asheville was under consideration).

We are on a budget so the only thing I am worried about is that Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Incline and all that seem to go with the Lookout Mountain area have admission fees. IF they are worth it, we'll pay and go but I was looking for advice on what else we may do while there.

We will have most of Sunday, all of Monday and maybe the morning on Tuesday before driving back to Orlando.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 days in Chattanooga with kids (give or take). What to do?

Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, and Rock City are definitely worth the admission prices. Kids will love the caverns and the incline best but you can easily spend a day at rock citys beautiful gardens. The aquarium is also amazing. Much more for a family to do here than in Asheville.

Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 days in Chattanooga with kids (give or take). What to do?

Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, and Rock City are definitely worth the admission prices. Kids will love the caverns and the incline best but you can easily spend a day at rock citys beautiful gardens. The aquarium is also amazing. Much more for a family to do here than in Asheville.

13. Re: 2 days in Chattanooga with kids (give or take). What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 25, 2013