We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pet friendly?

New Richmond...
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
pet friendly?

We will be traveling through Chattanooga this weekend as we make our way back to Wisconsin from Florida. We would love to see some of the sights, but are traveling with our pets. Is the Lookout Mt. area dog friendly?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pet friendly?

I think that would depend on where you are going on Lookout Mtn. I suggest checking the websites of the attractions you want to visit. I would doubt if Rock City would allow dogs????????

Rock City Gardens Lookout Mountain. For the young and the old! www.seerockcity.com

www.chattanoogafun.com

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pet friendly?

There are many things to do on Lookout Mountain... so it depends. But the community as a whole is fine with pets (assume you mean dogs). To walk around the Point Park or Cravens House areas, both within the national military park, or to visit the Natural Bridge or Sunset Rock you would need to keep your pets on a leash.

I know that Ruby Falls has a kennel for visitors but I'm not sure of Rock City. Dogs are not allowed at the Chattanooga Nature Center as there is wildlife roaming the grounds.

New Richmond...
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pet friendly?

Thanks, this helps a lot! We're looking forward to seeing the Chattanooga area!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pet friendly?

ROCK CITY DOES ALLOW DOGS!!!

THEY REALLY DO I don't know why someone would post that they don't without researching it. POSTING A LINK FOR YA..

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pet friendly?

Heres teh link that show you can and many places in chattanooga DO allow dogs and there are many doggie parks!

seerockcity.com/pages/…

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pet friendly?

seerockcity.com/pages/…

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pet friendly?

I did research about Pet friendly and did not find it. I appreciate your help and your posting. Thanks!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pet friendly?

Your welcome! There are always dogs there hope that link helped it has other info too!

9. Re: pet friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 19, 2013