We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Chattanooga (Downtown) on a Saturday night

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Chattanooga (Downtown) on a Saturday night

My husband and I have decided on an impromptu trip to Chattanooga on Saturday (on our way home from a night in Atlanta). We are staying at the Marriott downtown and are wondering what to do while we are there. We love good beer and good music. Nothing fancy. Would love it to be walking distance or short cab ride. No $15 drinks. I've never been to that part of Chattanooga so I'm unsure of the fun bars. My husband has, but clearly had too much fun as he can't remember any names :)

Thanks in advance!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Chattanooga (Downtown) on a Saturday night

There is an electric shuttle bus that you can ride to get near anyhwere downtown (North Shore to Southside and in-between). It has a Marriott stop. The Terminal (Southside) is a brew pub with good beers. Next door is the Chattanooga Choo-Choo hotel and Track 29 which is a live music venue. The Urban Stack is walking distance from the Marriott and has a great beer menu and serves specialty hamburgers. No music. A few blocks away, in center city, is the Market Street Tavern with a good beer menu and local live music. Further toward the river is Big River Grille which is a brewery restaurant and it's sister restaurant Blue Water Grille next door. Behind the two is Rhythm & Brews, a live music venue.

Your husband probably remembers Yesterdays or The Brass Register. Yea, good times, but no more.

Edited: 2:02 pm, November 07, 2011
Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Chattanooga (Downtown) on a Saturday night

Thanks! I didn't know about the shuttle! That's perfect. Great suggestions!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Chattanooga (Downtown) on a Saturday night

There is also:

Rhythms & Brews

221 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

(423) 267-4644

Big River Grille & Brewing Works

222 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402 » Map

(423) 267-2739

4. Re: Things to do in Chattanooga (Downtown) on a Saturday night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, November 08, 2012