We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About to book my flights!

South London
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
About to book my flights!

Hi guys!

We'll be in Chattanooga for 4 nights, I've seen some poor reviews of the Choo Choo, however it does look appealing , primarily for the facilities. Does anyone know of a good hotel downtown with a pool>?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,839 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: About to book my flights!

Southside Chattanooga

Chattanooga Choo Choo / Shuttle Park South. 423-265-7714 ... On the Southside you can experience the excitement of botique shopping, enjoy an array of cuisine in the oldest ...

www.southsidechattanooga.org

This is the Southside, near the Choo Choo

South London
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: About to book my flights!

Excellent guys thankyou so much, I think I'm ready for my Itinerary

05 June : Fly in from Boston at 17:00 and get a cab to Choo Choo. Check in and head out for dinner and a wonder

06June: Head out for breakfast and check out the Incline railway / Lookout Mountain and Ruby falls (shuttle from choo choo?) Lunch up there.

07 June: Rock City,& afternoon city tour

08June: Northshore shoppingg (how to get here w/out car?)

09 June : Riverbend & River tour

10 June : Off to DC! :)

Hubby would like to see some Civil war sites if anybody can recommend

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,839 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: About to book my flights!

I would like to make several suggestions for your itinerary, considering your time is short here and there is much to do. In my opinion, you are missing some of the best, if you want to take a little time to enjoy our beautiful area.

There are some war monuments in the Rock City area, others will be listed below, if you can get to them.

Do not miss the beauty and environs of the Bluff View Arts District. Stop for tea at Rembrant's, have lunch or dinner and enjoy.

You can take the shuttle or walk across the pedestrian bridge to the North side. Visit Coolidge Park and take a ride on the antique carousel. There are 52 handcarved, painted animals to ride.

There are several eateries in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the banks of the Tennessee River, by the Delta Queen. Good Dog offers excellent hot dogs of all kinds. Not your normal "dog". River Street Deli, Clumpy's Ice cream and Whipped Cupcakes are other choices.

I think I might consider skipping Ruby Falls, save the time, and try to enjoy some of the above suggestions.

6) Bluff View Art Distric t www.bluffviewartdistrict.com

7) Chattanooga Parks and Recreation www.chattanooga.gov

Hamiltontn.gov/ParkReDefault.aspx

8) Walnut Street Pedestrian Bridge www.chattanooga.gov/prac/30_1095.htm

CHATTANOOGA VISITORS CENTER:

1-800-322-3344 www.chattanoogafun.com

Downtown Electric Shuttle - CARTA

... Electric Shuttle is the easiest way to get around Downtown Chattanooga. ... Electric buses run daily* about every 5 minutes from the Chattanooga Choo Choo ..

www.carta-bus.org/routes/elec_shuttle.asp

Some of the above websites may direct you to another site!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
344 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: About to book my flights!

The shops on the North Shore are your best bet for alternative clothing. River City Apparel, Blue Skies, and All Things Groovy come to mind first. The free shuttle gets you there.

http://northshorechattanooga.com/

25. Re: About to book my flights!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:40 pm, June 21, 2013