We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking options - Read Sheraton hotel

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Parking options - Read Sheraton hotel

Hello.

I'm planning a trip to Chattanooga and will most likely stay at the sheraton hotel. What are best alternative options for parking other than the hotel.

Also, any recommendations for good eats across the bridge or art district? How's the soho area for dining? My son loves Italian. No bar food please.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking options - Read Sheraton hotel

Your best option would be the hotel. If not, there are several outdoor parking lots, that I am sure, offer 24 hour parking. Your car would most likely be safer in a controlled lot. There are other hotels in the area that have parking also. Hilton Garden, Hampton Inn and Suites, Marriott Courtyard & Residence Inn and Doubletree.

The Bluff View Arts District also offers overnight accommodations. They have 2 restaurants. Tony's Trattoria and their main dining room. Beautiful setting.

Bluff View Art District www.bluffviewartdistrict.com

Chatt O Brasserie is excellent. On the Northside across the bridge.

Hennen's, 212 Market Street, Nikko's on Southside, Allela, Meeting Place.

Marco's Italian Bistro is a new entry, on the north side. I have not tried it yet, but have heard good comments.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking options - Read Sheraton hotel

The Italian institution is Tony's in the Bluff View Art District. I've eaten there a couple times and thought the food was pretty good and not overpriced. There you're more in the $12-20 range.

Of post #1's list, I've been to 212 and Niko's. I didn't care for Niko's at all, neither the service nor the atmosphere, and I don't think the food missed the goal they were aiming for given the prices. I've been to 212 several times for lunch and enjoy it thoroughly each time. The meals there are on the lighter side but are very tasty. The service is alright (very formal).

There's a pizza place on Broad Street (towards Lookout Mountain) called Crust that gets rave reviews from everyone I know. I went for the first time the other day and really liked it. Usually I wouldn't submit a pizza place (like the Mellow Mushroom or Lupi's) for an Italian meal, but I really liked the food here, and the atmosphere and service gives you a little more of the alt culture side of Chattie versus the touristy-bohemian norm on Northshore. Not that the latter is a bad thing.

atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking options - Read Sheraton hotel

Thanks for the advice! I ended up going to a hotel closer to the aquarium. Great location. Now just gotta pick one of the restaurants listed above.

4. Re: Parking options - Read Sheraton hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 26, 2012