We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

Any suggestions for a place to have dinner after going to the aquarium. It's New Years Day so we probably won't have much to choose from. Could eat downtown on near Shallowford where we are staying. Have teens along with picky appetites, incl one vegetarian, and one who won't go Mex, so need some kind of diverse menu.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

Downtown is the Big River Grill and Brewery. They offer a little bit if everything. Will open tomorrow at 5:00, so most likely open for New Years Day. Mellow Mushroom Pizza ( if open). Toney's Trattoria at Bluff View. Pasta dishes. Over the bridge n the north side is Foodworks. About a 6 minute drive from downtown , right on the river is the Boathouse. Good selection there also.

In the Shallowford Road area, J. Alexanders, Carabba's, another Big River Grill and Brewery, PF Changs, Macaroni Grill, Famous Daves Bar B Que and The Acropolis (American/greek)

I would check with your hotel to see what is open.

Mentioned in this post
Acropolis
Acropolis
524 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

Thanks - these are great suggestions.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

If there are some that would really work for you, let me know and I will be happy to call and see if they will be open.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

I second the Acropolis and Macaroni Grill for the Hamilton Place area. If you're in the mood for pizza, both the Mellow Mushroom and Lupi's deliver delicious results every time. My #1 favourite spot, however, is 212 Market Street for lunch. Prices are really reasonable ($10-15) and the food is fantastic and best of all shows some real Southern influence.

Mentioned in this post
Acropolis
Acropolis
524 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

Thanks for the good suggestions. I also will take you up on your generous offer to check for Jan 1 openings. Tony's, Acropolis and Mac Grill. I'll check this forum while traveling. Chattanooga forum is hot - thanks for all the kind help.

Mentioned in this post
Acropolis
Acropolis
524 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

Good Morning,

Checked on your dining options. Also, forgot to mention the Bonefish Grill that is off Shallowford Road.

Acropolis Grill: closed

Romano's Macaroni Grill: open 11:00 to 11:00 will take reservations 423 894-2221

Toney's in Bluff View Arts District: open for dinner after 4:00 423 265-5033 #6

Mentioned in this post
Bonefish Grill
Bonefish Grill
178 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Romano's Macaroni Grill
48 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

Thanks so much to Chat forums folks. Great help.

8. Re: restaurant suggestion after the aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 25, 2010