We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

Chattanooga, Tn
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

This drive in movie theater is awesome. Movies start at about 9:30pm (thats when it gets dark) You pay only 5 dollars per person and get to watch two of the newest releases.

There are two giant fields for kids to play in. Remember to bring some stuff to play with like baseball, frizbee's, ect.... Bring beach chairs!!!!

They have a great concestionstand with burgers and fries and great bathrooms with A/c in them.

If you are sitting on a blanket in the field they have speakers for the movie, if you are sitting on your beach chair near you car the movie is played on a station in your car.

Also, you can bring foor and drinks on a cooler...

Best deal for the family!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

Yeah, this place sounds like a great night out, though I haven't gotten to go yet. Def a great idea for an alternative to the $9 movie theater! If you want you could post a review for this place so it appears on Google Maps and such.

Kristian

soddy-daisy
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

A DRIVE IN IN CHATTANOOGA? WOW!

When did they build this?

Where is it located?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

I've seen ads for it in the papers for about a year now, I think. I don't know when it was built. It's located in Trenton, GA. Here's their web site: www.wildernesstheater.com

soddy-daisy
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

Trenton?

This is suppose to be a thread for chattanooga. Trenton is too far to drive for tourists and locals alike just for a drive-in. I got confused. I will report this as a innapropriate post.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

It says less than 15 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. Looks real nice! I love the animals at the bottom of their page watching!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

Yeah, it's only twenty minutes give or take from downtown; their main market is to Chattanooga folks. Just an FYI about off-topicness: typically posts about things in the region around a major city/active forum are considered legit, as tourists and locals may day trip to those places. Many smaller towns have inactive forums or don't have forums at all.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

I have to agree with coaster. Trenton is not a destination for tourists to Chatt. 15 minutes is being kind - and it's interstate driving. So, it's like 20 miles out of downtown Chatt. Might be a nice trip for locals, but hardly for visitng tourists.

There's much more to do actually in Chatt. than driving into Georgia.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

The twenty minute interstate drive isn't too much longer than the drive up to Rock City or Cloudland Canyon. I would understand why a tourist wouldn't want to spend their time watching movies they can see anywhere else, but the drive really shouldn't enter into it.

9. Re: Wilderness Outdoor Theater - Drive -In

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 05, 2009