We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Chattanooga?

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
83 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Chattanooga?

We are spending one day in Chattanooga and looking for a moderate priced hotel. We do not need anything fancy- just clean. Two kiddos and three adults. We will be coming in on I24 and crossing over onto I75 so anything near these two interstates would be great. I was checking out the reviews on TA and found that this hotel Red Roof Inn - Chattanooga Airport, Chattanooga is listed as #4. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chick

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Chattanooga?

The Red Roof seems like an older hotel, but it's clean and well kept on the outside and seems to have been getting good reviews recently. The two areas you should look into are off I-24 in Lookout Valley and off I-75 on Shallowford Road. Both locations have a Country Inn & Suites, chain I've had very good experiences with. The Shallowford Road exit is right next to Hamilton Place Mall (at one time the largest mall in Tennessee—not sure if it still is) and hundreds of restaurant options.

Blue

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,713 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Chattanooga?

Don't know if you need close to downtown or not, but here's the exit numbers of the places mentioned above:

I-24, exit #174=Lookout Valley where there are several hotel offereings.

I-75, exit #5 = Shallowford Road near Hamilton Place. This area will have more choices of lodging and restaurants, but the traffic can be very congested in this area most of the day.

Illinois
Level Contributor
83 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Chattanooga?

Thanks for the info! We are going to stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites by the mall- it looks great. Thanks for the exit information that will make finding the hotel so much easier.

Chick

4. Re: Hotels in Chattanooga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 04, 2009