We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food City Bristol Race Parking

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
171 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Food City Bristol Race Parking

Hi There,

My wife and I are staying in Bristol, VA for the race and I was wondering the best place to stay so we could get back to the north without having to go in circles due to road closures?

Also are there any recommendations around the Bristol area for food? We'll be there March 15th-17th.

Thanks in advance!

James

4 replies to this topic
illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food City Bristol Race Parking

Actually in my opinion. You could park almost anywhere. We normaly park in Earhardt parking and they hold the parking lot 30 minutes after the race. For all people walking to get across.

illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food City Bristol Race Parking

There isnt many hotels in bristol but if you go to the track take volunteer parkway straight to the track. Earhardt parking lot is betweethe church and the track...cops will help you get in the parking lot. Then when leaving you just exit to the right.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
171 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food City Bristol Race Parking

Thanks appreciate the help.

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food City Bristol Race Parking

For restaurants, go to State Street; there's a few bars and restaurants there. Or try exit 5 on I-81 for fast food or exit 7 for sit-down restaurants (all chains). Or try exits 14-19 in Abingdon. If you're in a hurry before or after the race, there are some fast food places on Volunteer Parkway before Lowe's and Food City (if you're traveling southwest toward the track).

Have you looked at BMS's website? I think they list parking lots nearby, and there are usually parking questions on their forum. It would be less convienient, but there is parking on the highway 394 side. To get back to the interstate, you'd have to detour through Bristol or go the long way past South Holston Lake. I think there are two or three lots on that side, but we usually park off the highway. If you happen to park off 394, make sure your vehicle isn't touching the pavement or else it will be towed.

Have a great trip!

Reply to: Food City Bristol Race Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bristol