We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for RV rental companies in or near Sturgis SD?

Which Sturgis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, Ma
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for RV rental companies in or near Sturgis SD?

Hi,

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Sturgis. We are riding our bikes from MA, and considering renting an RV for the time we are there. We are looking for suggestions on good RV rental companies to do business with. We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly about RV rental in that area.

Thanks!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for RV rental companies in or near Sturgis SD?

OK, it looks like you're not getting any helpful responses. We don't have a ton of locals on the forum, and the ones who are do not check the forums on a regular basis. If no one comes forth with any helpful information, I would recommend the website "RV Park Reviews." I use this site and find it to be very informative and helpful. If you click on the link for "forums", there is a general chat site. Might be worth asking on there for recommendations.

I'm guessing you will be using your bikes to tour around the hills and the RV just to camp in? If you're not familiar with the area, you do not want to drive an RV on Needles Hwy, Iron Mt. Road or up Mt. Coolidge. The first two roads have very tight tunnels and are touchy going through with a regular-size vehicle. The Mt. Coolidge Road is a gravel road with tight turns, blind turns and steep drop offs.

I realize this isn't what you asked, but if you are just renting the RV for camping purposes, SD state parks have simple camping cabins in their campgrounds. You get electricity, a bed (no linens) and airconditioning. There are no bathrooms in the camping cabins, but the campgrounds have modern showerhouses. Might be an option to explore. They will cost less than a hotel and will still give you that camping experience. Go to www.campsd.com to look at the options. If you're looking to camp in Sturgis, though, this wouldn't work.

Whatever you decide to do, have a wonderful vacation.

2. Re: Suggestions for RV rental companies in or near Sturgis SD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:34 am, January 29, 2014
3. Re: Suggestions for RV rental companies in or near Sturgis SD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 01, 2015