We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

Which Sturgis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

Hi, My husband and I are planning our first Sturgis 2013, we want to fly out and stay at buffalo chip campground and rent TRAVEL TRAILER, Anyone stay there?? ALSO, we are looking for someone to haul our Harley, anyone do this, any ideas??? Thanks, Deb and Scott.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
502 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

Realize that the Buffalo Chip becomes a huge city with hundreds of thousands attendees. The campground is still very near the main stage & shows go on after midnight.

Here is a photo of the Chip at night with the campground the wooded area, though people also camp in the parking fields:

www.google.com/imgres…

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
501 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

If you like dirt, dust, noise, people partying all night, by all means head to THE Chip, best place for concerts and cold beer. However, we have stayed at Hog Heaven and Lamphere and have enjoyed the quiet, the good food, great shower facilities, etc. Lamphere is across the highway from Full Throttle Saloon with a shuttle going every 15 minutes back and forth and that is an excellent way to party and still come home safe to a nice quiet sleep. Hog Heaven is away from the action, but also has a shuttle, but takes a little longer. We traveled with young people and they were also appreciative the quiet when they did finally return to sleep!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

Ok that pic scares me of the chip! We too are heading from NS riding our bikes to sturgis for the first time we leave next Saturday,,,,I am thinking what teddy describes might be a better idea, we love to party but different country, hundred thousand people, booze,,,,,hmmm may not be a great combination. Teddy can you just show up at the hog and get a spot or is this a place that needs to be booked well in advance? Thanks

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

Sorry Teddy I meant lamp here?

5. Re: Buffalo chip and hauling bike sturgis 2013!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 21, 2014