We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chuckwagon dinner

Portage, Indiana...
2 posts
Save Topic
chuckwagon dinner

Is there any chuckwagon dinner places in the Black Hills that doesn't have the 'hokey' element to it? We're looking for a 'real life' type one.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
798 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chuckwagon dinner

I really enjoyed the musical talent at Fort Hays Chuckwagon, quite impressive. I did not find it very hokey at all, enjoyed chatting with the people at our table and it was all very well done. Blue Bell Lodge in Custer State Park offers a chuckwagon experience that starts with a hayride to an outdoor meadow location for a cookout.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,900 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chuckwagon dinner

I have not done a chuckwagon dinner, but I can say that the food at Blue Bell Lodge is excellent. Based on the food I've experienced there, I would not hestitate to try their chuckwagon. I believe Blue Bell's is the most expensive in the area.

3. Re: chuckwagon dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 11, 2014