We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having Problems finding Accomadtions!

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Having Problems finding Accomadtions!

Hi,

I really am having some issues finding places to stay in Rapid City or anywhere around Mount Rusmore! I am coming through for 1 night I believeon August 5-6. Is there something going on in the area? I can't find any hotels, and for some reason places like Econo Lodge are like $200 per night.

IF anyone has any ideas where to stay in the area that would be great!

Thanks!

BTD

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Having Problems finding Accomadtions!

Hi Denvrgal-hope you get this. Saw your reply regarding Legion Lake. We stayed there in August 05 and my girls were 10 and 8 then. We loved it! Only stayed 1 night on our way out to Yellowstone but could have stayed multiple nights and have talked about going just there for vacation. We were in a 1 bedroom cabin but my in-laws had a 2 bedroom cabin and I would recommend that for a multiple nights stay. We were there the tail end of Sturgis and it was pretty quiet-there were some bikers there but they were quiet and polite-nothing to worry about. As far as a certain cabin, all are within walking distance to the lake and the location can't be beat. I'd highly recommend a stay anywhere in Custer State Park but we truly enjoyed Legion Lake.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Having Problems finding Accomadtions!

You're arriving right at the beginning of the big Sturgis Harley Davidson Motorcycle Rally which attracts hundreds of thousands of people from all around the world. Usually hotels are booked a year in advance within a 3 hr drive from Rapid City/Sturgis.

23. Re: Having Problems finding Accomadtions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 14, 2009