We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

badlands petrified forest

columbia, maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
badlands petrified forest

Is the badlands petrified forest worth going out of the way to see?

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: badlands petrified forest

I'm not sure what you mean by badlands petrified forest. If you mean Badlands National Park.. then yes. Badlands National Park is one of my favorite places anywhere. If you mean Badlands Petrified Gardens, it's a small museum/gift shop right at the Kadoka exit on the interstate. Worth a stop if you really want to see examples of petrified wood and you are in the area anyway. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, or make it the focal point of a trip. Oh.. but since you posted in the Piedmont forums.. do you mean Petrified Forest of the Black Hills? Sorry, I've never been there.

columbia, maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: badlands petrified forest

thanks gibby2. I did mean the gardens in Kadoka. I think we will pass on this spot and go to the park in Piedmont.

3. Re: badlands petrified forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Piedmont
Recent Conversations