We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any vegan restaurants?

Which Hill City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any vegan restaurants?

My daughter, who is a vegan and I (vegetarian) are planning our vacation to the Badlands (2nights,1 day) and the Black Hills (5 nights). We are staying in cabins so we can prepare our own food. But I want to go out to eat a few times. Any suggestions? :)

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
667 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any vegan restaurants?

Here is some info the DE posted to a similar question in May:

"Vegetarian restaurants can be tough in this area. You will probably find more of them in Rapid City. Here's a link I found with some info on vegetarian places in Rapid:

everythingrapid.com/category/…

I'd check the latest reviews on this site to see current recommendations. I don't think this list is super current.

I have also read that Prairie Berry Winery in Hill City has vegetarian dishes on its menu daily. The winery occasionally posts on this site and has stated this themselves."

Another contributor mentioned about salad bars at the Custer State Park Lodges buffets, State Game Lodge & Blue Bell are always mentioned on here as being the best but I have no first hand knowledge unfortunately...

Back in a 2012 post there was mention of a curry restaurant as a possibility??

Edited: 10:22 pm, August 29, 2013
Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any vegan restaurants?

Thanks so much! This will be very helpful :)

3. Re: Any vegan restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, January 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Hill City
Recent Conversations