We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill City hotel advice

Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hill City hotel advice

We are planning on staying in Hill City (area) for the second leg of our trip (first leg in Deadwood). Looking at two different options: Holiday Inn Express or Lantern Inn in Hill City. Anyone know anything about these two, both have excellent reviews. Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Newbury, England
Level Contributor
87 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hill City hotel advice

Hello travelling diva,

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express last year for 5 nights. We had a suite on 2nd floor which cost us the princely sum of $89 per night. The room was at the front and near stairwell but was very quiet and we loved it. Pool was small but very nice. Laundry facilities were fine. Breakfast was the usual help yourself and was plentiful and well stocked. The room it was in got a little crowded a couple of times but was not a problem for us. Parking was plentiful. Hotel is situated at one end of HC but close enough to walk back into the town in 5-10 mins. We had almost unbroken sunshine in our five days (and 90 deg heat) and so the evening walk was lovely after a day in the car. You are pretty close to 1880 train if you are using that ( it was also a good half day out of the car and very popular). We have seen some reports that the check in and fornt desk were a bit slow. Perhaps us brits are not quite as critical and whilst it was a bit slow at times we found everyone very helpful, nice and courteous. After all, we were on holiday so why get yourself all stressed up over a few minutes! Hope you get some info on the Lantern Inn which unfortunately we know nothing about!! Cheers.

Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hill City hotel advice

Thanks Gartoon,

I just booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express, King room @ $79 a night for three nights. I think the location will be perfect! Thanks again.

boulder
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hill City hotel advice

You know, every time I stay in Hill City I stay at a place named "Lode Stone Motel". Thay have awsome rustic cabins, If thats your thing. Check out there web site.

Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hill City hotel advice

Laddboy,

That sounds like a great place but I have already locked into the room at Holiday Inn. Thanks. Any other advice regarding the area?

5. Re: Hill City hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hill City
Recent Conversations