We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express.........or????

Which Deadwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express.........or????

The last 2 trips to Deadwood we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express both times. I think the most recent trip was about 4 years ago? My husband remembers it as being the slowest elevator in North America, LOL. However, both trips the rooms were very comfortable & we enjoyed our stay.

Any recommendations on something right down in the midst of the main area that you would choose instead of the HIEx? Or do you feel we are just as well off staying with what we know? I believe rates we were quoted for the Sun/Mon night stay are about $110 per night plus tax (February).

Level Contributor
271 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express.........or????

The Holiday Inn Express is a good choice and if you enjoyed it previously than it should be on the top of your list.

However, if your looking for something else on main street you could try out the Celebrity or the Bullock but I prefer the Holiday Inn location myself.

All three are fine locations...

Edited: 6:22 am, December 07, 2010
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express.........or????

Thank you - I appreciate your response.

Can you recommend good lunch & supper dining places? I know we have eaten at the sports bar/bar-grill above the Midnight Star a few times & it has been fine. However I know last time it was like 'where?' when trying to figure out another good place - reasonable or average price. We just didn't even know where to choose.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express.........or????

The Deadwood Thyme Cafe and Bistro on Sherman Street is a good choice for lunch. They have wonderful sandwiches. We have never had dinner there but would not hesitate to try them. We have also had some decent meals at the Deadwood Social Club. Jakes, on top of the Midnight Star, has excellent food but is very expensive.

Our absolute favorite place to eat while in the Deadwood/Lead area, in fact one of our favorites in SD, is the Cheyenne Crossing just south of Lead. You would definitely need a car to get there. Cheyenne Crossing is a small cafe situated at the entrance to Spearfish Canyon. Excellent food and service. Nothing fancy and very reasonably priced. All the food is made from scratch and so yummy. Our favorite is the Indian Taco and the wonderful desserts. We like it there so much we make sure we eat several meals there whenever we are in the Black Hills. Check out their website for their menu and winter hours.

http://www.cheyennecrossing.org/index.html

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Express.........or????

Once again I thank you immensely!

5. Re: Holiday Inn Express.........or????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 10, 2011