We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 2010, staying at Terry Peak

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
June 2010, staying at Terry Peak

We have 5 kids ranging in ages 6-16. We plan to visit Custer and one of the caves and one of the mines. What else would you recommend while in SD?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 2010, staying at Terry Peak

It would help to know how long you are staying.

Here's a list of my must sees of the area:

Badlands National Park

Mt Rushmore

Custer State Park

Crazy Horse

Devil's Tower

Wind Cave.

Jewel Cave.

These activities are the bare minimum to see and take about 4-5 days. If you are staying longer, I can add more places to the list.

Please give us an idea of how long you will be staying and what types of activties interest you so that we can help you more.

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 2010, staying at Terry Peak

You should also order the SD Travel Guide or visit the tourism site for a good listing of the numerous attractions around this area.

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 2010, staying at Terry Peak

Also, depending on how long your stay is you may want to consider adding a second destination for lodging and stay in the Southern Hills area (Custer State Park or Hill City) for part of your trip. I'm guessing that with kids in that age range you'll be doing most of your sight-seeing in that part of the area rather than the Northern Hills area where Terry Peak is located.

4. Re: June 2010, staying at Terry Peak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 25, 2010