We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days of 76 rodeo

Which Deadwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neola, IA
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Days of 76 rodeo

My family (kids ages 13, 11 & 7)will be spending one night in Deadwood on July 24, and I just realized that is during the annual Days of '76 celebration. Looks like this might be an opportunity to see a good rodeo...schedule shows the rodeo at 6:00pm that evening. We will be in Cody, WY, the following night and planned to see the rodeo there, but maybe this will be a better opportunity and we can go to the museum in Cody instead. Comments?

What other opportunities for evening entertainment will be associated with the Days of '76? If we want to go to the rodeo will we need to get tickets in advance?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,333 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days of 76 rodeo

There is also a Days of '76 museum in Deadwood. In Cody the museums are open until 8 pm each night. I know that in Cody unless you are going around the 4th of July that you don't need to buy advance tickets but I would certainly check for a rodeo that only lasts 5 days in Deadwood.

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Days of 76 rodeo

I haven't been to the rodeo in Cody but I would say if that you would be happy with the Days of 76 rodeo--then spend the time at the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody. Days of 76 is known as a good small to mid-size rodeo.

As far as advance tickets--it's not a big grandstand so advance tickets and a timely arrival won't hurt.

The Friday and Saturday parades are the other "big" events of Days of 76. You'll miss it if you'll be there on July 24. You can check out the schedule here:

http://www.daysof76.com/rodeo/schedule.asp

3. Re: Days of 76 rodeo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, September 24, 2009