We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Custer State Park-wireless internet?

Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
862 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Custer State Park-wireless internet?

Can I access wireless internet anywhere at the lodges in Custer State Park? Last year we were at Yellowstone, and we couldn't even get cell phone service, but I thought the Black Hills area was more modernized. How is it? And TVs?

Edited: 6:01 pm, May 31, 2010
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Custer State Park-wireless internet?

The rooms do have TV's. I would double check on the internet service. It says it's available at the Creekside Lodge, which is part of the State Game Lodge. I'm not sure on the othe properties, such as Sylvan or Legion Lakes. Cell phone service can be spotty, depending on your carrier. Verizon works pretty well, but I know that Sprint uses have difficulty.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
391 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Custer State Park-wireless internet?

Legion Lake has WiFi access from all the cabins. I'm not sure about the others, but all four resorts are state-owned and usually get upgrades at the same time. Some of the commercial (outside the park) campgrounds have WiFi, too. If in doubt, call ahead.

Cell phone coverage can be spotty because of the mountain terrain, but we've never had problems using a Tracfone from Legion Lake -- you can see the cell tower on Mt. Coolidge from there.

3. Re: Custer State Park-wireless internet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Crazy Horse
More Crazy Horse Topics