We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather/Ocean Temps in late April early May

Cleveland, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather/Ocean Temps in late April early May

We are planning to visit Surfside Beach in late April or early May of this year. What are the temps typically like that time of year and will we find it comfortable to be swimming in the ocean? Thanks!

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather/Ocean Temps in late April early May

Average temps are available at visitmyrtlebeach.com/Area_Information/Climat…

Don't forget that there are as many days below the average temp as there are above it! We're at about 75 today, so the average temp of 57 doesn't mean much.

In late April, I think most folks find the ocean temp to be "invigorating" more than "comfortable", but on a warm day it can be fun if served with frequent warm-up breaks. 'Course, that's a Southerner's opinion. More hardy folks may be fine.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather/Ocean Temps in late April early May

Thanks PawleysDude, good points. I actually think with my husband's work schedule that we might be looking more into May/June of this year. Plus we live in NE Ohio so we would probably think it was pleasant, any which way we can get it. Thanks!

3. Re: Weather/Ocean Temps in late April early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 24, 2009