We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach location

richmond
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach location

how is the area near the surfside pier.. am looking at a house that is 6 blocks from there.,,any help??

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach location

I love the whole Surfside area. Any specifics you are wondering about?

richmond
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beach location

near the surfside pier, like 6 blocks down, on the 2nd row over from the beach.

Surfside Beach
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beach location

I think you have chosen A perfect location! Surfside Beach is know as the Family Beach quaint & residential. Sidewalks provide care free strolls night or day! Here in the immediate Pier area a small street Seaside Drive (20 miles per hour) cuts in front Ocean Boulevard (30 miles per hour) where most times there is no traffic at all. At 6 blocks south you can easily walk to the pier area using Seaside Drive!

Eagles Beach Shop across the street from the pier offer's everything you may need to enhance you beach experience! Boogie Boards, beach towels, suits, t-shirts and more, and don’t forget the souvenirs to take home with you! Children in your party? A simply walk and you can be at the library, the park, the base ball field or tennis court. All of this just steps way and so much more just within a mile!

My family always tries to stay close to the Surfside Pier. You are located with in easy walking distance to several restaurants. At the pier Nibils provides oceanfront southern style dining, as well as, River City Cafe providing again oceanfront dining, they are well known, excellent reputation, fun experience & you can throw your peanut shells on the floor! Above the Café is Latitudes Lounge, a must visit if for no other reason than to sneak-a-peek at the lighting! One block south Bubba's Fish House a local favorite! And not to be forgotten Sophia's and everyday event! As I only see my niece once a year, we bond every night, when only she & I walk to Sophia’s and catch up over ice cream! And you can get hot dogs etc. but we bond over ice cream!

When I was younger & we visited here, my entire family bonded daily at 2:00PM when we all met on the beach, lined up one next to the other, sipping strawberry daiquiris (non alcohol for us young ones!) and never forget upon arrival after everything was unpacked, nothing else could be done before the family sand building event. For some reason the giant alligator comes to mind first! So I think you will like your location but the memories you take home with you the most!

4. Re: beach location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 05, 2009