We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 7-14 weather and water temps.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
June 7-14 weather and water temps.

Hey there! I'm a first time poster, but not a first time Myrtle Beach vacationer.

My family and I are going the week of June 7-14. We have rented a house with a pool and I'm concerned about water temps of the pool and the ocean. My family has been through so much this year and we really need this vacation to rest, relax and heal and I just want everything to be perfect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 7-14 weather and water temps.

Although - "technically" - June 1 begins the hurricane season, you should expect glorious weather. If we have had several days of strong sun, water temps will be pleasant. Early June is one of the best times to be on the SC coast.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June 7-14 weather and water temps.

Hurricane season? Really? Why was I thinking that hurricane season wasn't until August/September? Oh dear.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 7-14 weather and water temps.

Don't worry...chances of a hurricane are extremely slim to none in early June. June is our favorite month to visit. Weather will be warm, but not hot. Water temps will be cool and certainly swimmable. It will be lively, but not overcrowded. We just came back from North Myrtle and a weekend getaway and our 3 and 6 year old were waist deep in the ocean. Relax. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June 7-14 weather and water temps.

Technically, the Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 until December 1; however, August - October seems to be when the storms most often threaten USA's southeast coast.

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: June 7-14 weather and water temps.

The pool water should be fine, most have heaters. We rented Christmas day to New Years day this year. Took one day with a heater running and the temp was at 82. That was in Dec. the kids had fun.

We took advantage of the grocery delivery service too. June is a nice time to go. Have a nice vacation.

6. Re: June 7-14 weather and water temps.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 17, 2009