We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Bike Week in Surfside?

Southeast
3 posts
Save Topic
Black Bike Week in Surfside?

Looking for quiet (no bikes) area to stay Memorial Day week with my kids (I have nothing against bikes, but it's hard to get my kids down for naps with lots of bike noise). Does Surfside have bikers during this time?

Somewhere in the...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Bike Week in Surfside?

We usually go to Surfside the last week in May, and the last weekend has been when Black Biker Week starts (don't know if that is the case this year again), but not very many of them in Surfside....mostly in Myrtle where hotels are....Since Surfside is mostly residential (condos and houses), biker traffic there is much lower. But watch out when you are on the road - you can easily get distracted by those butts in thongs on the back of a bike. Ewww.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Bike Week in Surfside?

Atlantic Beach Bike Fest participants usually start rolling in the Wed before Memorial Day with Thursday and Friday traffic really bad. However, unlike Harley week, most of these participants stay mainly on Ocean Blvd, Bus 17 in MB up to Atlantic Beach in North MB. You should be fine in Surfside and I would stay south of MB there really is no need to venture into MB unless you have a desire to be in the middle of 100,000+ crotch rockets. They will leave on Sunday and Monday Memorial Day, after that its fine.

3. Re: Black Bike Week in Surfside?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 pm, August 29, 2009