We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

Hello,

My husband and I and our two young children are looking to stay in Summerville for one night July 4th. We are staying there on our way to Charleston. Coming from Ohio. We are staying in Charleston HD the rest of the week. The price on the 4th in the city of Charleston was alot or no availability already.

My question Is the Hampton Inn Summerville nice or decent. Just for one night. Some older reviews gave mixed reviews. Or would you stay someplace else ?

Also a good place to get dinner in Summerville ?

We will probably go to the beaches while in Charleston. Folly or Isle of Palms. Any recommendations or one your prefer or neither?

Thanks for any help !!

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Hampton Inn Summerville
Hampton Inn Summerville
127 Reviews
Summerville, SC
5 replies to this topic
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

Check out the hotels on University Blvd (SR78), it's an exit or two closer to town. They are all newer and there are several restaurants which are close by (East Bay Deli is a good one, especially w/kids).

Hampton (we've stayed there, very nice and you can walk to the Deli), Fairfield Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express and Wingate are all at this exit.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton
Hampton
South Carolina
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

The Mustard Seed in Summerville is good.

Traffic on weekdays between S'ville and Charleston is awful during rush hours so plan around that.

Any of the beaches are great.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Charleston SC
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

Hampton Inn is in a very good location, all the Summerville restuarant are within 3 miles. I have not been inside for several years but the last time I was there it was fine. The hotel mention above on University Blvd are all new, however there're not in Summerville they are in North Charleston, you will actually have to pass Summerville to get to them. The location you currently have is best for seeing this small town. If you want a new hotel try the Comfort Suites or the Sleep Inn they are two of the newest in Summerville. If you decide to go to the hotels near University I recommend the Wingate @ 9280 University Blvd, North Charleston, very quite area, but nice hotel. Be sure not to miss the towns 4th of July Fireworks.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Summerville
Hampton Inn Summerville
127 Reviews
Summerville, SC
Comfort Suites Summerville
Comfort Suites...
103 Reviews
Summerville, SC
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
56 Reviews
Summerville, SC
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

We are thinking about the Wingate because it is a little closer to the Historic District and that is where we are staying the rest of the nights. Where are the fireworks you were mentioning? Are they in Summerville or North Charleston?

Thanks so much !

Tracy

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..

There are fireworks all over Charleston and the surrounding communities on July 4, you can pretty much see bits of them in all directions.

Wingate is good, but it's right next to the freeway, you might also consider any of the others at that exit, they are about 1/4 mile away, I would imagine a little quieter.

The others would also all be within walking distance of several eateries.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Reply to: Coming for 1 night July 4th a couple questions..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Summerville
More Summerville Topics