We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must See, Eat, Do in Spartanburg

Which Spartanburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Must See, Eat, Do in Spartanburg

My husband and I will be traveling to South Carolina in a couple weeks. We will probably be in the areas of Charleston, Hilton Head, Beufort, Augusta, Columbia, Orangeburg and Gaffney. I'm looking for some good old fashioned southern food resaurants, not touristy where the locals might like to go. Also looking for fun things to see or do.

Any ideas, especially from locals would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must See, Eat, Do in Spartanburg

the beacon drive in spartanburg. but you must, must, must visit harold's country club in yemassee sc, call for reservations 843-589-4360, while in the low country. great steaks! if you are in orangeburg near the weekend plan to eat bbq at goodland's bbq in springfield sc, it's a buffet, and really good! enjoy your visit!

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must See, Eat, Do in Spartanburg

You can go to the Beacon but the food is just so-so, IMO. It's a local landmark, so it's the place to go, but, for my money, I'd go to Wade's Restaurant in Spartanburg. It's always packed with locals who like their "meat and three" Southern meal and the food is very good. It's nothing fancy but it's where the locals eat.

3. Re: Must See, Eat, Do in Spartanburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Spartanburg