We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rentals: Seaside vs. Island Bike?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Rentals: Seaside vs. Island Bike?

Which bike rental company is the best in terms of price, reliability of delivery and good-condition bike rentals for Seabrook Island? Also, does Seabrook allow beach umbrella rentals? And, if so, how does one go about securing one with a company? Thanks much!

Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rentals: Seaside vs. Island Bike?

I'm not sure there is one "best" bike company. Most of the companies are on Seabrook every day making deliveries.

I've always used Island Bike. One year in the fall we purchased a couple of their old rental bikes for our own usage.

To my knowledge there are no companies that rent and set up beach umbrellas on SBI's beaches.

Contact the owner/rental company you're renting from and ask if beach gear is provided. I keep an assortment of beach chairs/umbrellas for my guests(a couple of umbrellas have been left by guests).

At least one of the smaller vacation rental companies use to provide small surf chairs.

As a backup plan, chairs/umbrellas can be purchased at Newton Farms in Freshfields, Ace Hardware over at the Island Center(the old "Little pig" grocery store space), and the Piggly Wiggly back at Main Rd and Maybank.

2. Re: Bike Rentals: Seaside vs. Island Bike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Seabrook Island