We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for a birthday get together

Which Pawleys Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Best place for a birthday get together

We will be celebrating a 45th birthday while in town. I've considered Bistro 217, Chives, and Franks - any suggestions? possibly a place with a view with great food - we have three children with us so need keep them in mind- how is Austins?

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for a birthday get together

That's a tough question to answer for someone else. It depends a lot upon your budget, your "dress-up" preferences, the kids' willingness to tolerate stuffy adults, etc....

All 3 have excellent reputations. IMO, Bistro217 has the best food of the three, but both ChiveBlossom and Frank's have strong followings. They are all upscale, linen tablecloth type of places. Frank's Outback and ChiveBlossom have outdoor seating, weather permitting. Bistro217 has a nice outdoor courtyard. Bring your platinum card to any of 'em. <:-)

I don't have any experience with Austin's since it moved from Hwy 17 to Litchfield Inn.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for a birthday get together

I would recommend any of the three restaurants you've considered. How old are the children and when will you be at Pawleys?

Dude: Is there a time table for the new restaurant in the Hammock Shops?

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for a birthday get together

Hey troggs - My impression is that Nosh will open very soon. and may have already happened as a "soft" opening. They are hosting a charitable event on 7/23, but I'm not sure if that's before their public opening or after. http://ashleygfoundation.com/concert.php

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for a birthday get together

Roxifirl_11: If it's open, i would consider going to Nosh. If the children who will be with are young, the patio is usually family friendly and they can run around in the center of the shopping development. I have always loved this historic building, and here is a link when Dude and I "bantered" about what was going in there:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54384-i827-k41961…

5. Re: Best place for a birthday get together

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pawleys Island