We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elliott Realty

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Elliott Realty

We rented a Cherry Grove Beach house thru Elliott Realty last week. Landshark....What a beautiful house! Two Elliott Realty maintanance people stopped by to replace a broken shelf in the refrig and I told them the pool was full of dead bugs. They said they'd report it. No one showed up. I would have cleaned it myself, but there was no net. Then I tried to lite the grill, but the propane tank was empty. So was the spare. Called ER Maint.Dept., but no one ever answered. All week! Bad experience for a first time NMB vacationer. Back to OBX next year.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elliott Realty

But did you like Cherry Grove/North Myrtle Beach?? If so, don't let one bad experience prevent you from returning and trying a new place. Stay in a hotel, or find another realty co. (though Elliott is the most popular one in the area I think)

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elliott Realty

Indeed, did you enjoy the rest of your trip? It is really not fair to judge an entire area based on a rental property. The MB area has much to offer and if you enjoyed the area and just not the rental, look at other rentals next time. I have always had good experience with http://www.surfsiderealty.com/ and http://www.dunes.com/. (I like Surfside Beach and GardenCity better than the north sections, but that is just me.)

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elliott Realty

I did like Cherry Grove and enjoyed the trip, but at $7K for the week, I expected perfection. We have been going to the OBX for over 10 yrs, so it's just more familiar to us and everything seems closer to the rental properties. MB seems to be like Ocean City, MD. Just too many high-rise hotels and people. Plus, the drive was way too long (11+ hrs). I have always gotten great service from the maint. dept's at our OBX rentals. Not here, though. What's up with all the pancake houses?

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elliott Realty

They all love the pancakes in that area for sure!

I understand all your reasons ;o) If you do happen to visit the MB area again in the future, you may like the south end better... Garden City, a mile or so south of the Garden City Pier, is just 2 rows of beach houses on a peninsula, and Pawleys Island is similar with an older and rustic feel...

Regardless the price paid, one hopes to not have any issues but issues will occur from time to time. It is how the issue is handled that matters and unfortunately, they didn't handle yours at all it appears. In your price range, those issues should have been addressed promptly! You have ever right to be upset with them!

I hope future vacations to OBX or elsewhere are more enjoyable!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
2 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elliott Realty

I have been going to North Myrtle Beach for many years, and I have used Elliott Realty for almost as many. However, this rental company has steadily gone down hill. If you'd like to stay in the North Myrtle beach area, there are other rental companies, and we intend to switch next year.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elliott Realty

Just curious, but what all did you do in late August that cost you 7K? I cant imagine spending anywhere near that much!

King, NC
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Elliott Realty

We rented 7 Days Grace 3 thru Elliott Realty Dec 25-29. The unit was dirty, the blankets were nasty, the heat was completely off and it was 55 degrees inside, and the hot tub was not working. The company knew on Dec 15 that the hot tub was inoperable due to outside wiring resulting from weathering. I think the rental company is at fault on all of our issues. It took our unit over 24 hours to finally get to 68 degrees. 36 hours to get to 71 degrees. We had to sweep and clean the whole unit, wash all of the blankets because they were dirty with dried food on one of them and the other smelled like a dog. We emptied out, cleaned out, and filled up a hot tub that did not work. That was the icing on the cake when we found out the rental company know on Dec 15 the hot tub would not be working. We should have been moved to another unit since this was our biggest request in our vacation rental. This was our first time renting with Elliott Realty and will definitely be our last.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elliott Realty

I would report all these issues to the BBB. If you report it, then that will hopefully encourage them to shape up. I've never used Elliott Realty but I know they've been around a long time but from what I'm reading it wouldn't take long for another company to take over their dominance.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elliott Realty

Elliott usually monitors this board and responds. More often than not they make good on any problems.

10. Re: Elliott Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 am, February 26, 2014