We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need reviews of Mar Vista Grande

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
139 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Need reviews of Mar Vista Grande

We're staying at Mar Vista Grande in July. Pics of the resort look great. We will have toddlers, teens, and seniors with us. Just wanting to get some actual reviews on Mar Vista to see if we made the right choice. Thanks in advance for any info.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need reviews of Mar Vista Grande

Hi Dan, My family and I loved our stay at Mar Vista Grande. We had a spacious, oceanfront, 3-bedroom -- unit 912. It had just been completely renovated and refurnished. Everything was brand new, from the beds and bedding to the stainless-steel Jenn-Air appliances. We ate breakfast every morning on the wide balcony overlooking the beach. It was so gorgeous that we ate most lunches and a few dinners there, too! The building has four elevators, the corridors are enclosed (so no worries about possible inclement weather) and everything is easily accessible, which is great for seniors. There's a toddler pool inside with this cute mushroom umbrella that creates a rainshower and pool "shevles" on both sides of the outdoor pool to splash with toddlers. For teens, the beach is just a few steps over the dune, and the beach is about the widest you'll find on the Grand Strand. For me, there's a great indoor gym and a massage room. My husband loved the indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. The building is clean, comfortable and upscale. It's a short walk on the sidewalk to Main Street, with shops, restaurants and an amusement park. We're definitely going back this year!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need reviews of Mar Vista Grande

DanG, in the "search" box at the top of this page....(It says City, hotel name, etc.) just type in Mar Vista Resort and that page for the hotel will come up with lots of reviews. (or look to the left in the column with hotels, it might be listed there too)

Funny....Unit 912 comes up a LOT in these posts about Mar Vista. Must be pretty nice....(or maybe its the owners posting about the unit)

Ontario
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need reviews of Mar Vista Grande

We have stayed at Mar Vista for the last 4 winters. Doing Florida this year but plan to go back next year. I agree with all the comments made by the first poster. The only resort with more to offer in North Myrtle is North Beach Plantation which is much pricier. Beautiful beach in front. You will enjoy your stay.

4. Re: Need reviews of Mar Vista Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 05, 2014