We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

Rineyville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
300 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

Anyone gone through them at this complex? They only list 4 units right now so I was looking for any specifics on their units. Im stuck with Century 21 because they have my deposit and I need to make a change. Thanks for any info.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

Century21 is fine to work with. Looks like those 4 units are pretty much the same. They range from 9th floor to 15th floor (how high up to you want to be)...all will have good views. Check out the pictures on the web site....see if you can tell which one is more to your liking and perhaps more updated than the others.

Rineyville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
300 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

Century 21 has been easy to deal with so far. The only problem i've had with them is that they dont seem to know anything about their listings other than what written on the website that i can read myself. I was looking for someone who may have actually stayed in one of those four though.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

MarVista has their own onsite office and they make it difficult for h.o.'s to chose to use an offsite agency. Like Baywatch, you can use an offsite agency but your guests will not have full run of the complex. Apparently there are some amenities that only guests of the resort itself (that also means homeowners on their rental program) can use. Its a nice building, but the new ownership did raise their prices but you may want to check with MarVista direct. That way you would check in onsite at the complex and any issues would be a simple phone call to the desk.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

Regarding offsite agencies and knowledge. Unless the person making reservations is required to go check out specific buildings/units, they don't. Also, several agencies in NMB have a HIGH employee turnover, who you talk to today won't be there tomorrow (some agencies are not easy to work for). People making reservations are barely making minimum wage, lets be honest. The incentive is little to spend their gas money at $3.65/gal on their off hours to look at units. And the larger companies have several 100 different kinds of units to look at. No excuses just telling you like it is. An employee working on Sea Mountain Hwy will not be likely to drive to Windy Hill to look at units.

Ontario
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

We have stayed at MarVista for the last 4 years and booked through the building but we dealt with Century21 in the past and they were good to deal with. Friends have booked in MarVista through them and had no problem. You can use all facilities in this building whether you book through the desk, real estate or VRBO. The 14th and 15th floors are penthouse units and have higher ceilings and a wet bar with a wine cooler and an ice maker. Very nice units.

Rineyville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
300 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

Thanks so much. They do have a penthouse available, but my wife and her friend preferred the bed layout of a 9th floor unit. They all looked nice, but the wet bar wasn't enough to sway us since the beds are a little more important. Thanks for the info. :)

7. Re: Mar Vista Grande through Century 21?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 12, 2013