We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CrescIent Shores vs. Ashworth

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
CrescIent Shores vs. Ashworth

I've narrowed my condo search down to units in these two buildings. We rented a condo in Crescent Shores a couple of years ago & were very happy with it and the location. When reading reviews of Ashworth, one recurring comment is on how small the pools are.

We mostly spend time on the beach, but will have kids with us & they do actually use the pools & lazy rivers often. I don't remember the pools at CS feeling particularly small or crowded but am wondering now about the Ashworth.

Does anyone who has stayed at both CS & Ashworth have any comparisons to offer on the pools or just the two complexes in general?

Thanks.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: CrescIent Shores vs. Ashworth

The pool decking around Crescent Shores pool and lazy river is small IMO, the pool/lazy river at Crescent are indeed larger, newer property. Ashworth is a fabulous location, pool, lazy river all in one area with a very nice grass area in the same fenced in area with pool, with a picnic table and bbq grills. Ashworth the parking is attached, Crescent 99% of parking is across the street. Ashworth, Main Street is walking distance. Crescent Shores has Molly Darcy's Irish Pub next door, a beach store across the street and a VERY pricey, not too tasty ice cream/hot dog stand around corner. Everything else you would have to drive to. I now both properties pretty well. The peak of summer Crescent Shores pool deck is crowded, hard to walk around and pool chairs get saved by 7 in the morning. Ashworth is a smaller complex, yes a smaller pool but a much better pool area.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CrescIent Shores vs. Ashworth

Thanks so much Hart - very helpful. Sounds like either will be a good choice. I'm leaning toward Ashworth. Even though we were happy with Crescent Shores, the location of Ashworth is appealing.

3. Re: CrescIent Shores vs. Ashworth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:23 am, June 12, 2013