We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's.

NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Must do's.

Im staying at the Marriott Grande Dunes the week of Sept 22. Although I've been there before, its been with my buddies. This time I'm going with the wife, 20 month old son, and in-laws. Ill be there for a week so I have plenty of time to fill. So does anyone have any suggestions on some "must do's". Im not the type to just sit around for a week, I need some adventure. Any help would be greatly appreciatted!!

Thanks

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do's.

Two more suggestions but these would not be much fun for your son, just you and your wife: The La Belle Amie Wine Vineyard in Little River and taking a bi-plane ride up the coast. The Myrtle Beach airport will have information about it.

New York
Level Contributor
126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do's.

You're visiting by far at my favorite time of year. Prices on golf nosedive after Labor Day - and so do the crowds.. it really is wonderful! The ocean is so warm - if you've ever visited in April, you'll be amazed at how warm the water is. Buy and fly a kite on the beach (check the kite store at Barefoot Landing)....

As far as shows, and other things to do - the Pavillion & Waterparks close during the week - or they've changed their hours so just check when you get there as to whats open.

You may also want to check and see who, what is going on at the House of Blues. They may have something you're all interested in... at very least the Gospel Breakfasts on Sunday are entertainment and pretty good food. They usually bring in some incredible local talent.

Go to the aquarium. Parasail, rent a bike and ride along the beach.

BTW - Eat at Joe's - this is my "must do" have & one (burger or chicken sandwich) "all the way" -

Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do's.

Take a ride up to Southport NC and eat lunch at one of the waterside restaurants before taking the 30 min ferry to Fort Fisher. ($5 for a carload of people). Tour the old Civil War fort (free) and the state aquarium ($7 per adult). You can then either take the ferry back to Southport or drive up to Wilmington and check out the waterfront area shops, restaurants.

Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach