We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avista turned out to be great!!!!

louisville, oh
5 posts
Save Topic
Avista turned out to be great!!!!

I just returned from a week's stay at the Avista Resort, from July 23-30th. Prior to our vacation I read the postings on Trip Advisor about this place and I started to doubt that we would have a relaxing vacation. But to our suprise, the resort turned out to be a beautiful place. There are a few cons to the place but that is true of many places that I have stayed at. It's true that the parking deck is quite small and tight to park in but we managed. The washer/dryer unit in our room did take longer to wash and dry clothes than my machines at home, but we just set it on a longer dry cycle or hung towels around the room to dry---that seemed to work fine also. The pools are smaller than some resorts I stayed at but I had no problem getting in the pool or the lazy river to swim or cool down with my family. We went with two other families and we had no problem getting pool side loungers. The resort employees actually were bringing in more loungers the week we were there and placed them between the pool and the beach on a grassy area. The week we were there also had probably the hottest temperatures so far this summer and the beach had ample room for towels and our umbrella. The kids enjoyed the activities offered at the resort . Jen, the activity director, was energetic and offered different activities for kids of all ages. My family and I had a relaxing and beautiful vacation at the Avista.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avista turned out to be great!!!!

I am so glad to hear that you liked the Avista. Our family will be staying there Oct. 9-14 and like you I had been reading a lot of the messages that had me doubting if I would like it or not. But I also saw a lot of positive feedback as well. We are looking forward to our first trip to South Carolina.