We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakers resort, paradise tower

oxford ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
breakers resort, paradise tower

I am wondering about the breakers resort, paradise tower. Reveiws are all over the place, on this resort. Looking for someone who has stayed there. Posted earlier and only got one response. Need to know that more than one person liked this place. Thanks~!

upstate ny
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

I have stayed at the Breakers, both the resort hotel and the paradise tower. It is a great place. Nice rooms, clean and good service. The only problem I encountered was last year at the paradise, which was waiting for elevators. I am sure this is the case with many places, depending on the time of the year you are there. The location of the Breakers is super- you can walk to many restaurants. The River City Cafe is a fun place and just up the street.

Ontario
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

I'm going there next week, so would be happy to report back!

oxford ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

That would be GREAT! I would love to hear about your stay at the Breakers. Hope you have wonderful weather for your vacation. Many thanks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

Thanks, I'm not expecting hot weather, but warm would be nice. I'm looking forward to it not being busy and crowded and noisy though... I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

Well, I'm back and can tell you a bit, but you might want to ask me specific questions if I don't cover it. I haven't written a review for the site yet, but will do so later.

We stayed in the Paradise Tower, Breakers Resort and it was fine. I'd say a good solid three star which I believe is what they advertise; none of the little luxuries that you get with a four star. We had the smallest suite which had two double beds, a sitting area, and a kitchenette which had good size fridge, microwave, coffee maker and cups, glasses and utensils. No stove or dishes which was fine with us as I didn't intend to cook while on vacation, but some people might want more. I think the larger suites have full kitchens. There were two tvs and two telephones, one of each in the bedroom area and sitting area.

The pool area was fun and of course not at all crowded this time of year. I imagine it gets busy in the summer, and there were signs saying not to reserve beach and pool seats before 9am. Access to the beach is very good.

What I didn't like is that there a road in front of the hotel, and you need to cross it to get to anywhere including the parking. There is no crosswalk, and no lights to be seen for easier crossing. Of course this applies to all the hotels along that strip, and must be awful in the summer and dangerous to pedestrians and motorists alike. I asked about it, and was just told that Myrtle Beach will not put in a cross walk.

I should add that I am not really a high-rise person. I also likely would not have picked this place if I were going in high season, just because I don't care for busy-busy places. Since this was low season, I figured it would be a good central location without being busy, and that we'd be able to walk to various attractions. As it is, Myrtle Beach is a car place; we could walk to a few places but really everything is a car ride away, so it wouldn't have mattered if I'd booked a quieter place out of the way. So, hope this helps, let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

oxford ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

Thanks so much for writing back! We are leaving this week. Did you have any nice weather? We have gone to MB many times, we have never stayed this close to all the congestion. We usually stay a little further north, because of all the traffic issues and everything you mentioned. I am certain the parking situation is going to get on my nerves. I have 3 boys and just crossing a busy street can be exausting. Over all though, the resort was clean? Did you try to do any laundry? I have begged for a room with a washer and dryer, but they are very booked for the holiday weekend. Thanks for your help.

Ontario
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: breakers resort, paradise tower

Hi biggun, yes the resort was clean. My son 'lost' the remote for the tv one day, and I told the staff at the front desk and they were very nice about it, and there was another one (or the same one..) when we returned to the room. The front desk is in a different building from Paradise Tower. I did not do laundry there. I saw there were were laundry facilities on certain floors. It was not busy when we were there, so I know I could have used them. The weather was not very good while we were there. A bit of a shame, but still nice to be able to see the ocean, and warmer than it was up here. We did golf a couple of times though. Enjoy!