We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Now and Next Week

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Now and Next Week

Can anyone there now tell me about the weather? We were originally scheduled to arrive on tomorrow but had to push our stay back by one week. Now we will be arriving next Monday, 28th but I'm not sure the weather will be better.

Is it sunny in the morning with a shower in the afternoon or is it raining off and on all day? Also, is the temp hot (mid-80s to 90s). What are the local stations saying about the weather there?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

Any predictions a week in advance are pure conjecture.

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

Understood. I hoping as the week progresses (around Wed or Thurs), someone will respond with the projected local forecast for Mon and Tues.

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
947 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

I'd love to know too because we'll be down there next week.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

You could look at 10 different Weather outlets (TV, Internet, Smartphone App) and get 10 different forecasts. We are here this week. Projected weather was a chance of rain today. It got cloudy South of us (looked like rain), but never rained in NMB. The clouds rolled in for awhile and the sun was in and out. I still got a little too much sun today. Weather was perfect the last two days and very comfortable and partly sunny. Chance of showers all week, but that is typical beach weather. If you try to schedule your trip around the weather, you won't have much success. Come, enjoy the beach and don't worry about the minute to minute forecasts.

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

Thanks Panther for responding. We didn't change our original plans due to weather. Looking forward to next week!

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

The local stations aren't that great at predicting. My husband just commented on it the other day. He watched the forecast Wednesday night and the meteorologist said there was a slight chance of rain Thursday afternoon. It poured for most of the afternoon/evening off and on.

However, the storms during the summer are usually light and pass quickly. Days like today where it has been a pretty much steady rain are not common unless there is a storm off shore. Just have some back-up plans for things you want to do.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

There is a pretty much a 30% or so chance of rain in MB all the time. That doesn't mean that it rains all the time or even everyday. They are normally just pop up afternoon storms that come and go within thirty minutes or so. It is normally that much more humid after ir rains if it does though.

It is possible that you could be sitting on the beach and it is dark and raining one direction and it never rains where you are at. I look at it this way. It is going to rain somewhere in MB everyday, but there is only that 30% chance it will happen where you are at.

Edited: 10:02 am, July 22, 2014
8. Re: Weather Now and Next Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach